What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on computer systems or mobile devices for a specific time. They can be used, among other things, to store website preferences, to allow the website to function optimally and for marketing purposes.
What cookies exist?
There is a distinction between first-party cookies and third-party cookies:
- First-party cookiesare used by the domain of the website. When you visit our websites, first-party cookies are the cookies within our websites.
- Third-party cookiesare placed when a website contains elements from an external party. Think for example of embedded videos, social media widgets, advertisements or integrated software. The external party then sends along cookies from its own servers.
Cookies usually have an expiration date. They can be deleted automatically when closing the browser (session cookies), when a certain period has passed (e.g. 1 month), or by a manual action (permanent cookies).
In addition, we distinguish four groups of cookies:
- Essential or necessary cookies These are cookies that are necessary for the proper functioning of the website. Think of cookies that control a login functionality or the checkout process through a shopping cart.
- Functional cookies are cookies that store preferences of website visitors to increase usability. Think for example of remembering language or country preferences.
- Analytical cookies are cookies that make it possible to analyze website traffic so that the website can be improved and its performance can be measured.
- Marketing cookies are cookies that are used to compile user profiles or to display personalized advertising.
What cookies are used on the cardiothoracic-surgery.be website?
|Cookie||Category||Processing purpose||Retention period|
|_icl_visitor_lang_js||First Party, functional||Checks what language the visitor has set in the browser and displays the website in the corresponding language.||1 day|
|Wpml_browser_redirect_test||First Party, functional||Checks if cookies are enabled in function of the automatic redirect of the browser language.||1 session|
|wordpress_test_cookie||First Party, essential||Indicates whether the website visitor accepts cookies.||1 session|
|OptanonConsent, OptanonAlertBoxClosed||Third Party, essential||Keeps track of whether or not the website visitor has given permission for cookies to be processed.||1 year|
|_ga, _ga_(uniekecode)||Third Party (Google), analytical||Processing visitor statistics to improve website content.||2 years|
|_GRECAPTCHA||Third Party (Google), functional.||This cookie is used to prevent spam via website forms.||6 months|
Dr. Alaaddin Yilmaz tries to monitor the cookies present and to update this list as thoroughly as possible. Should other cookies be observed in this website, please be sure to contact us for information, or contact the third party from whom these cookies originated.
Limiting or blocking cookies
It is possible to (partially) disable or delete cookies via the browser settings. Depending on the browser used, a different operation is required. Click on the name of the browser below to read the documentation on this.
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Edge
- Please note that certain page elements may no longer display correctly when cookies are disabled, although Dr. Alaaddin Yilmaz makes every effort to ensure the smoothest possible use of the website.
The use of necessary and/or functional cookies cannot be disabled if this would prevent the proper functioning of the website. No consent (opt-in) is required for these cookies.
All questions and requests can be addressed in writing to Dr. Alaaddin Yilmaz. This can be done by e-mail to email@example.com or by post to Stadsomvaart 11, 3500 Hasselt.
This page was last modified on January 4, 2022.